"Different styles and egalitarism" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Richmond Things to Do: 275 reviews and 462 photos
While I was walking along the long Monument Avenue, it didn't take long to notice that houses along the street were different in style and details. I couldn't find two similar houses.
The rich and famous who lived and maybe still live there were individualists and wanted to put up houses always different than their neighbours which is common feauture specially in the USA in rich districts like this and more modest suburban neighbourhoods too. I think it's less common in Europe where often everything on one block looks pretty much alike. Right, there are exceptions for example in some residential districts of old Krakow, Poland.
Address: Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220
Directions: From I-95 South take exit 180 to I-64 East; take exit 183 to Glenside Dr. (VA-356 East), drive it ca 0.9 mile and turn left to Monument Avenue. You are at its western end.
More Reviews (73)
- See All Looking for budget accommodation?
- See All Where to park a car?
- See All Drink Virginia wine
- See All Wilkum sign
- See All Immigration and the South
- See All Do not forget underwear and socks :-)
- See All But how to eat it?
- See All Association For Free Photography (AFFP)
- See All Poor light and blurred pictures
- See All Nighttime hunger :-)
- See All Over 30 kinds of doughnuts to choose!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels