"The most beautiful boulevard" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Richmond Things to Do: 275 reviews and 462 photos
After a visit to downtown Richmond, we drove a little bit westward and took long relaxing walk along eastern part of Monument Avenue. We came back to our car when it was already dark. I was surprised to see one of the most beautiful boulevards in the USA. I think many old European cities would like to have such a beautiful street.
It is wide, 5-mile long avenue with wide lanes and green space in the generous median. Along the avenue, I saw many trees in fall colours (in October), beautiful old houses, residences, a few churches and monuments to Virginia's heroes and patriots. There was almost no traffic. Instead, we found peace and quiet with only a few people walking or jogging along.
Address: Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23220
Directions: From I-95 South take exit 180 to I-64 East; take exit 183 to Glenside Dr. (VA-356 East), drive it ca 0.9 mile and turn left to Monument Avenue. You are at its western end.
More Reviews (73)
- See All Looking for budget accommodation?
- See All Where to park a car?
- See All Drink Virginia wine
- See All Wilkum sign
- See All Immigration and the South
- See All Do not forget underwear and socks :-)
- See All But how to eat it?
- See All Association For Free Photography (AFFP)
- See All Poor light and blurred pictures
- See All Nighttime hunger :-)
- See All Over 30 kinds of doughnuts to choose!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels