Cham-ee-mat Bbye-da-gwei: "Kamja-tang in Hongdae" Top 5 Page for this destination Cham-ee-mat Bbye-da-gwei Tip by jburron
Cham-ee-mat Bbye-da-gwei, Seoul: 1 reviews and 1 photos
It's open til 6AM (or so) which is a good thing. After going out all night in Hongdae this is a good place to get some kamja-tang--literally means potato soup would be more aptly named 되지/dwei-ji (pig) soup because it is made of pig back (tastes much better than it sounds) and a couple of small potatoes.
I've seen guys downing bottle after bottle soju at 6AM here..can you say 'alcoholic'? Anyhoo, you don't need to be a boozer to appreciate this grub in your gut in the morning (or evening...never tried that, actually).
Favorite Dish: Kamja-tang, that's all I've ever had here.
Address: Hogndae main area...in the parking lot.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Take a subway and walk/cab it to near Hong-ik University (Hongdae Station, line 2 is good). Ask the locals for directions to Luxury Noraebang...it's just down the road from there.
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Seoul (48)
More Reviews (83)
- See All You May Be Late For Your Meeting
- See All Buxom Ladies Take Note
- See All Buying a Custom Suit (In Itaewon)
- See All Drop Some Bombs!
- See All Seoul: The City of Protests
- See All Charge Your Phone Anywhere (Almost)
- See All Sucky Singing Room in Yeouido
- See All Good Price, unreal TV
- See All Lots of Bikes for Rent
- Hong-Ik University Flea/Free Market
- Achasan = Missed Chance Mountain?
- See All Foreign Fortune Tellers
jburron's Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels