"The Old Town Hall" Top 5 Page for this destination Old City Hall Tip by matcrazy1
Old City Hall, Richmond: 8 reviews and 8 photos
The architecture of downtown Richmond was not very pretty, in my opinion, as in right many modern American cities. Additionally there were some renovations which closed streets there in October, 2004. I personally prefer small architecture (more human although less practical esp. for cars) of tiny streets easy to find in every old European city.
But, anyway, in Richmond I found more old buildings and green space (especially along Monument Avenue) than in most American cities. In downtown I liked the green space around the Capitol Square, a few older buildings and especially this impressive building on my picture. It's the Old City Hall built in 1886-1894 in the High Victorian Gothic style. It housed the city government till 1976 when the new City Hall building, across Broad Street, was completed. In 1980s the building was renovated and converted into the commercial office building.
Address: 1001 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Directions: Downtown, bound by 10th, Broad, 11th, and Capitol Streets. Directions: here.
More Things to Do in Richmond (59)
More Reviews (73)
- See All Looking for budget accommodation?
- See All Where to park a car?
- See All Drink Virginia wine
- See All Wilkum sign
- See All Immigration and the South
- See All Do not forget underwear and socks :-)
- See All But how to eat it?
- See All Association For Free Photography (AFFP)
- See All Poor light and blurred pictures
- See All Nighttime hunger :-)
- See All Over 30 kinds of doughnuts to choose!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels