"Nat and southern hospitality" Top 5 Page for this destination Natives Tip by matcrazy1

Natives, Richmond: 5 reviews and 5 photos

URSZULA AND NAT
by matcrazy1

I was always treated very well by natives in Richmond, Virginia and the South. I was surprised by very, very nice welcome wherever and whenever I came. Natives always wanted to speak with me and were interested who I am, what I do in their city, town or village and why I visit it. They usually started the conversation with simple southern version of "how are you" which sounded like "hi do?". I could write a book about their warm, very warm welcome and their hospitality. It was extremely nice. I am speechless...

It started in Richmond where Nat (b1bob) welcomed us (me + Urszula = matcrazy0, my wife) like we were his brother and sister. Shortly we became real, not only virtual friends... Later on during my trip Nat helped us a lot many times sending very helpful faxes and e-mails to my hotels/motels with his suggestions, advice and directions to various exciting points of interest. My trip would be much less interesting and I would skip many, many places without his help. Enough said... Thank you, Nat, my friend.

Now, I only worry whether I am able to do the same for him during his trip to Poland. I will try, no doubt about that.

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/289f8/

• Updated Feb 24, 2010

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Richmond?