"Roma" Italy Things to Do Tip by Kiwigirlie

Italy Things to Do: 1,471 reviews and 2,221 photos

No eating or drinking here!
by Kiwigirlie

Friends, Romans, countrymen - lend me your sunblock!
Oh boy was it hot the day we came into Roma! I don't think I've ever been in heat like it, considering I'm from a more moderate climate! 30 degrees is the hottest I've ever experienced and that day was about 39!!
I'm not complaining though cos I LOVE Roma! It's just got that special something that makes me sigh...
The Forum, the Colosseo, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps and my favourite - the Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain). I could spend all day there looking at that beautiful masterpiece! And there is of course Vatican City - which is awesome only because of the weath and masses of art, sculpture and other antiquities they have there. I'm an agnostic so to me it was like being invited to a wealthy persons home and being very jealous that they have the latest home entertainment system.... You get what I mean? Roma is perfect for walking as there are plenty of water fountains to drink from dotted about and if you get really hot, you could always dip you feet in one of the many smaller less well known fountains... Don't get caught eating or drink on the Spanish Steps - the Italians don't like that very much!

• Written Nov 18, 2004

Comments

Kiwigirlie

“HAPPY TRAVELS!!!”