Eiler's Inn CLOSED - Reopened as "Seven4One": "My old hangout, now a PRIVATE boutique Hotel" Top 5 Page for this destination Laguna Beach Hotel Tip by davequ

Laguna Beach Hotels: 22 reviews and 19 photos

My old hangout has gone upscale and private

My old hangout has gone upscale and private
      Sunset from the terrace
    by davequ
      Updated Seven4One courtyard (from the website)
    by davequ

UPDATE: Eiler's is CLOSED - Has reopened as a very upscale PRIVATE "Concierge Boutique Hotel" with a new name Seven4One. Sadly it is no longer open to the public.
"Sand Valets," an onsite gourmet chef, the whole shot, specializing in private events (weddings, screenings, corporate events etc)
Here is the website - very chic (xlated "expensive")

As this is my fave place to stay in Laguna, I will check Seven4One out.
Please also let me know if you do.- Will add info as I get it, here are some tripadvisor Seven4One reviews

Seven4One owner's new contact info:
Daniel Sussman
Hotel Seven4one
741 So Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949.494.6200

and I'm leaving my old tip below for now as personal nostalgia.

Eiler's was an excellent bed&breakfast right on the beach.

Eiler's Inn (originally the Cliff Hotel) was where I stayed for a couple of months when as a kid I first ran away to Laguna Beach 40 years ago.
(Eilers namesake was the kind and friendly greeter Eiler Larsen that I used to see walking through town back then).

I just stayed here again in fall '03 and I thought it was very comfortable.

It was a pleasant surprise to find it was still there and now a very comfortable and extremely well-run bed&breakfast.

I loved it and I highly recommend a stay here. I will probably always stay at Eiler's / Seven4One or whatever is at this location. Good luck to previous owners Linda & Chaz.

Unique Qualities: It is right at the top of the Cleo St. steps that lead down to a small beach.

An open garden/courtyard was where you can sit and take meals and listen to the small fountain in the garden accompanied by the waves breaking on the beach below or chat with owners and other guests. Very informal and comfortable.

A great terrace off the 2nd floor rooms has a beautiful view of the beach and Catalina island for watching the sun go down.

All different types of clean and tastefully furnished rooms with a large deck/patio that faces the beach. They also have parking in the rear of the hotel (a precious commodity by the beach).

Historical trivia: Timothy Leary lived here for a short time, and Freddy Kruger (actor Robert Englund) pops in from time to time (out of character thank god) to say hello.

Linda & Chaz, the couple that ran it were good people. Thanks guys, good luck& I'll be back soon I hope.

Address: 741 S. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Like almost all well located hotels in Laguna, the front/lobby faces PCH, the back is right above the beach.

Heading south on PCH, turn right on Cleo St.
when you see the Orange Inn sign.

Phone: 1.877.741.LAGUNA(5248)
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.seven4one.com/

• Updated Jun 2, 2013

Comments

davequ Used To Live Here!

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Have you been to Laguna Beach?