"On the trail of Jack the ripper.." Top 5 Page for this destination England Things to Do Tip by sourbugger
England Things to Do: 569 reviews and 903 photos
From Sourbugger's London page :
Jack the Ripper tours may have been considered a 'Off the beaten path' thing some years back, but now they are big business.
A tour can easily number a hundred people, and even in late March last year (2004) we must have seen about a dozen other groups out besides ours.
A standard tour will last just over 2 hours and will visit the various murder and clue sites.
They tend to begin around 6-8PM and leave from Tower Hill Tube Station.
We went with "Ripping Yarns" tours, who I would highly recommend. They are staffed by current or retired Beefeaters from the tower of London. The "London Walks" company can also be highly recommended as they operate a wide range of well researched and presented tours.
Due to quite graphic descriptions of victims bodies, you may not wish to take smaller children with you - but teenagers will love it !
Address: usually from Tower Hill tube
More Reviews (86)
- See All London football teams
- See All The classiest way to arrive...
- See All Monkeys in Safari parks
- See All A nation of seafarers
- See All One very strange and specialised museum
- See All Gold, silver and bling
- See All Red, Red Wine...sang UB40
- See All Birthplace of the Beatles...
- See All Corn Circles, a message from little...
- See All What's in a place name ?
- See All A Newcastle Institution
Been to England?Share your travels with the world!
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels