Metrocentre, Newcastle upon Tyne.: "Airport Terminal or just plain terminal ?" Top 5 Page for this destination England Shopping Tip by sourbugger
England Shopping: 45 reviews and 39 photos
Just don't mention the shoes
From Sourbugger's Newcastle Upon Tyne Page on the Metrocentre - an enormous shopping centre:
The reason why men will always be superior to women : because whatever a woman is concentrating on part of her brain will be wired up to thinking about shoes (sorry for the sexism, but it is a good joke)
I have long suspected that it is only Edwinadolly and Bernishand who ever read shopping tips here on VT.....
Just to annoy them, I will not point out where the shoe shops are. (not that they could read a map anyway)
This massive shopping centre was the largest in Europe when it was built, and probably still is. This at least means that there is a good variety of shops. There are also real pubs which men can seek refuge or sanctuary in. In addition the 'Metroland' theme park (indoors) means that younger kids can be occupied for a while on a collection of fairground rides.
The place used to owned by the Church Commissioners. It seems rather odd that this Cathedral to the God of Mammon has actually helped the Church of England to stay financially afloat.
Rather like an airport (which it closely resembles) there is also a Christian Chapel tucked away in one corner of the centre.
What to buy: All the normal high street names are here, plus several more specialist ones
Directions: Actually in Gateshead, it is very accesible - including by train
More Shopping in England (5)
More Reviews (109)
- See All A theme park firmly for children
- See All The classiest way to arrive...
- See All Monkeys in Safari parks
- See All A nation of seafarers
- See All One very strange and specialised museum
- See All Red, Red Wine...sang UB40
- See All Birthplace of the Beatles...
- See All SB's guide to the rest of the...
- See All Corn Circles, a message from little...
- See All What's in a place name ?
- See All A Newcastle Institution
Been to England?Share your travels with the world!
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Top England hotels
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1740 Reviews - 4031 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 352 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1631 Reviews - 3984 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Whitby Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 743 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1280 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 766 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 471 Reviews - 1183 Photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hotels
- 829 Reviews - 1629 Photos
- Newquay Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 274 Photos
- Brighton Hotels
- 902 Reviews - 1607 Photos