VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Traditionnal or exotic food: "HOW TO SPEND WELL YOUR DOLLARS (2004-2005)" Paris Restaurant Tip by nygaston

Paris Restaurants: 2,609 reviews and 3,305 photos

- MUSEUM
Transportation + museum : it is always the same issue, you have to choose between the efficiency OR the savings. Generally, (and mostly with children), I prefer the efficiency, when the savings are not so important... take a museum pass to avoid the line.

- RESTAURANT
Lunch is cheaper, and they have generally a standard good MENU around 8-15 Euros. When you don't see the MENU, ask for it.
For desserts, the drinks and the cafe, generally the restaurants charge more (2 or 6 times); so I like to go in a Tea Room , there the cafe is good and they have a lot a cakes, for a better price.

- DINNER (10-30 Euros)
I enjoy the food markets in Paris where the products are cheap and fresh. But, I like to cook French recipes. You can also go out in Chinatown, just for a vietnamese soup (PHO) or the Student Area (Quartier Latin) where the dinners are cheap and good.
Sometimes, I prefer a very big and good breakfast (cereals, eggs, fruits, etc...), then a light lunch and a good dinner.

- BARS, CAFE
Attention, you will have 3 rates for your drinks, the prices can be 3 or 8 times the normal ones.
1- at the bar, the cheapest
2- at the table
3- at the terrasse

- CULTURE
When people speak loudly, we think that they are American or Australian; when they don't, we think they are British (indeed !)

- TRANSPORTATION
Metro and bus: I like the bus, because it is a good and cheap way to see Paris.

Favorite Dish: THE HYPERMARKETS:

ED
LIDL
ATAC

Address: Evrywhere, in France
Directions: PAUL: good cafe and breakfast, lunch, snack
NICOLAS: good wines

othercontact: www.nicolas.fr
Rating: 3
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.paul.fr

• Updated Nov 28, 2004

Comments

nygaston Lives Here!

nygaston

“I will plan everything to achieve our goals. DFI !”

Have you been to Paris?