Moyo: "Taste of Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Restaurant Tip by cokes

Johannesburg Restaurants: 136 reviews and 171 photos

Pic from Outside Moyo
by cokes

Hey guys if you looking for a real African meal , Moyo is the place to go to.

I remembered the 1st time I went to this restaurant was with a few friends from Malaysia and Morocco in the heart of winter. Well we sat outside in the cold but it was kinda cool as we were given nice thick blankets and heaters all around our table which kept us warm.

The only thing that bugged me was the Menu , I could`nt understand head or tail what was being served there. Well I knew some of the South African dishes and I was definitely not gone be eating that. Well I guess I just did`nt have a taste for Africa neither did my friends but everyone else seemed to enjoy themselves and the place was packed.

Well we decided to stay and have a latte` and desert , all I can say if you looking for a real African meal , thats the place to be. There is a very nice atmosphere in that place but unfortunately that food did`nt gel too well with me. Well I guess maybe its because the difference in my cultural upbringing. That food is definitely not served in my house.

Well I can`t say anything bad about this , guess if you adventurers .... go and try the food. Its always full & I heard lots of people love the food there.

Favorite Dish: Non

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: No 5 Melrose Square
Melrose Arch
Johannesburg

Phone: +27 11 6841477/8
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: African

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Have you been to Johannesburg?