"lovely art nouveau streetlights" Top 5 Page for this destination General interest Tip by globetrott
General interest, Brno: 18 reviews and 26 photos
In some of the streets in the very centre of Brno / Brünn you may still see these great and beautiful Jugendstil / Art nouveau-street-lights dating back to the time, when Brno / Brünn was still part of the Austrian empire .
It certainly was not always the fact that these old things survived because people were fond of them , but mostly they were simply not replaced by modern ones, as long as they worked well and there was not enough money in Czechia to modernize everything.
Directions: I took this picture in Masarykova
More Things to Do in Brno (36)
More Reviews (46)
- See All Trebic - 50 km west of Brno / Brünn
- See All Public transportation is great in Brno /...
- Fancy shopping on your way to Austria...
- 3-5 hours to drive to the east but worth...
- Be careful when meeting gypsies
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Brno?Share Your Travels