"great art nouveau gems" Top 5 Page for this destination Brno Local Custom Tip by globetrott
Brno Local Customs: 27 reviews and 25 photos
When walking through Brno / Brünn you will see a lot fo great Art Nouveau buildings dating back to the time before WW I, when Brno was still part of the Austrian empire.
The area of Brünn was at that time populated mainly by Austrians (60% of the population were german-speaking in 1914)
my father was born there in 1918 and moved to Vienna when he was 4 years old .
In 1980 I returned with him and we were searching for the old house.
More Local Customs in Brno (9)
More Reviews (73)
- See All Trebic - 50 km west of Brno / Brünn
- See All Jihlava / Iglau - north-west of Brno /...
- See All Public transportation is great in Brno /...
- Fancy shopping on your way to Austria...
- 3-5 hours to drive to the east but worth...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Brno?Share Your Travels