"Driving over Cape Smokey" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Things to Do Tip by scottishvisitor
Province of Nova Scotia Things to Do: 135 reviews and 266 photos
One more mountain to climb - not the highest but the steepest The very scenic drive over Cape Smokey to Ingonish on the Cabot Trail takes you up the steepest road I have ever been on it climbs at very high gradients. There are look off stops on the road, very usefull for calming your nerves and admiring the wonderfully beautiful scenery. Going back down was a different matter entirely, I kept thinking - What if the brakes failed - you don't see much with your eyes closed. The hotel owner told us that a snow plough is permanently on this road in winter.
Address: Near Ingonish Nova Scotia
Directions: Cabot Trail Cape Breton
More Things to Do in Province of Nova Scotia (7)
More Reviews (25)
- See All A Place for all Mariners
- See All Cover your ears - Boom comng over!!
- See All Free Gaelic lessons
- See All Hire a Car and drive the roads.
- See All Maritime Music & Great Crepes
- The Three Most Important things I like...
- See All You may not want to leave!
- Choose your location wisely
- The Province of Nova Scotia
- See All No Room at the Inn
- Ingonish has a great beach
Been to Province of Nova Scotia?Share your travels with the world!
scottishvisitor's Related Pages
Have you been to Province of Nova Scotia?Share Your Travels