"At night, the Djemaa el-Fna..." Djamaa El Fna - Square Tip by Krystynn

Djamaa El Fna - Square, Marrakesh: 143 reviews and 289 photos

At night, the <b><u>Djemaa el-Fna Square</b></u> turns into the most fabulous of fables.....

With acetylene lamps all lighted up, you'd be able to catch some pretty interesting exhibitions and dances.... Some people even sit in circles here at the Square sipping the mythical Moroccan mint tea. And see the hundreds of light bulbs connected to simple electric wires forming a glowing canopy over the booths and shops... Quite an interesting sight!

If you're shopping/ strolling inside the souk, you'd certainly be awed by these Moroccan women dressed in their colorful traditional garb - with their faces (<i>sans</I> eyes) covered up! I couldn't peel my eyes off some of them... They looked so pretty - almost like Caucasians with blue eyes! :-)

I was so enthralled by them that I even bought a Moroccan traditional dress here costing me US$100 (<i>it comes complete with a cape!</i>). I can't wait to wear it out ONE DAY (I don't know WHEN... but I hope some Moroccan invite me to their house party soon).

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Comments

Krystynn

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Have you been to Marrakesh?