VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"A Day on Top of Table Mountain" Top 5 Page for this destination Table Mountain Tip by cokes

Table Mountain, Cape Town: 169 reviews and 286 photos

On one of the Hiking trails up Table Mountain
by cokes

On one of the Hiking trails up Table Mountain
    by cokes
  • A Day on Top of Table Mountain - Cape Town
  • A Day on Top of Table Mountain - Cape Town

Table Mountain in my opinion is a land mark , that marks Cape Town. Cape Town is situated at the base of the mountain as in my photo in my introductory page.

Well there is 2 ways up the mountain , you can either hike up well marked trails or you can go by cable car. Either way you just have to go ontop of that mountain. When up there you`ll know why I say you gotta get up there. The view is absolutely beautiful.

There is various restaurants ontop of the mountain and in my opinion , have breakfast or lunch before you go to the top because I found it very expensive to go and have to eat in those restaurants.

Never the less you just gotta make this one of your stops.

Rates are as follows:

Adults = R110.00 (return)
R57.00 (one way)
Students with valid student card
R80.00 (return) , R40.00 (one way)
SA Pensioners = R58.00 (return) ,
R30.00 (one way)
Children Under 18 yrs
R58.00 (return) , R30.00 (single)
Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2 Children U 18) R280.00 (return)

Address: http://www.tablemountain.net/main/info.asp
Directions: Cape Town , http://www.tablemountain.net/main/info.asp use this Address to find a well defined map of how to get to the cable car section or the hicking trails of Table Mountain.
othercontact: PAIA@sahrc.org.za
Phone: (021) 424-0015
Website: http://www.tablemountain.net

• Updated Dec 10, 2004

• Paulm1987's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2014 at 5:41 AM

i hiked down last year but the weather wasn't good.

• cokes's Profile Photo
      May 15, 2014 at 3:08 AM

The weather in Cape Town can be something. Last time I was on on Table Mountain it took about 10 mins before we were covered in clouds but do hope I can make a trip there soon again as I was there in October last year and we also had bad weather for most of the days we were there.

cokes

“Go out there without expectations , just go and see for yourself”

Have you been to Cape Town?