"De Marollen: the REAL Brussels: 12: education" Top 5 Page for this destination Tours & Walks Tip by irisbe
Tours & Walks, Brussels: 72 reviews and 122 photos
This small nursery school at Saint Ghislain street (a connecting street between Blaes straat and Hoogstraat), is designed by the Art Nouveau architect Victor Horta in 1885.
It was his first public commission.
It was finished in 1900.
Horta let himself be inspired by the principles of the ?model school?, a collection of definitions created by the ?Teaching Association? in 1852.
Classrooms were built around a covered and an open-air central playground.
The façade is asymmetric and consists out of different materials as wooden panels, ironwork, mouldings, mosaic and decorative elements
More Off The Beaten Path in Brussels (38)
More Reviews (112)
- See All Don't get ripped off by Chinese mafiosa
- See All Trainstations
- See All Pain grècque, speculoos... yummmmiieee!
- See All Delirium Tremens, is 2004 enough to...
- See All A lust for the eye De Ultieme...
- See All Brasserie-Restaurant stilling your...
- See All Music at Bruxelles les bains
- See All About immigrants and a small castle
- See All In a nice area with seafood restaurants
- See All If you travel by car
- See All Rue du boucher/Beenhouwersstraat
Been to Brussels?Share your travels with the world!
irisbe's Related Pages
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels