Night swimming: "Carpe Noctum" London Nightlife Tip by huggy93

London Nightlife: 1,242 reviews and 1,310 photos

by huggy93

London is such a large city and there is so much night to find here. From the theatre to restuarants, to pubs, bars and nightclubs, to house parties!

I tend to stay away from central London (the West End, Leicester Square) myself as it's not really my scene. Too many rules and regulations and I don't like rules. Picture the scene, you and a few male mates are heading to a nightclub and you are stopped on the door by the doormen.... " Scuse me lads, do you have any women with you?" We don't so we so no. "Sorry lads you're not coming in!" Another night me and girl are heading to a club and are stopped by the doormen..."Scuse me but no trainers (sneakers) allowed, sorry you can't come in." Another night..."Are you on the guest list?" We are so we yes. "Whose guest list are you on?" We can't remember so we give him you names and ask him to look. "He replies, "I've got too many lists to look through so unless you can tell me the name of the person's guest list that you are on, then I can't let you in." Now there's me thinking that it's his job to be looking on the guestlist!!!

To cut a long story short, I don't like going out in Central London

Dress Code: Well Central London, West End etc. be prepared to dress up smart and not too wear jeans or trainers or shorts or a personality, if you're out in Camden, or Shoreditch, or Notting Hill or Clapham, then wear what you feel comfortable in (within reason) and that includes jeans and sneakers.

Directions: Lots of bars and clubs in East London which are pretty good, particularly within the Old Street area. Take a train to Liverpool Street or Old Street
Theme: Nightclub

• Written Oct 31, 2004

“"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."”

Have you been to London?