"Termites "Cathedrals"" Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal Things to Do Tip by johnsakura
Senegal Things to Do: 88 reviews and 110 photos
There exists more than 1500 species of termites in Senegal. The shape of the "house of the termites depends on the species, but also on the nature of the ground.Giant "Termitières", still called cathedrals or macrotermes, they can reach 7m top. The trees can push in the vicinity or even inside. The alive "termitières" are recognizable on their irregular surface. The dead termitières are very resistant and can be used as building material.
Directions: All around the region of Tamba.
More Things to Do in Senegal (13)
More Reviews (65)
- See All Eating and drinking in Senegal
- See All Border Mauritania-Senegal
- See All Villages in Mali border
- See All Camping for free in Niokolo Koba
- See All Weird brigdes in Niokolo Koba,...
johnsakura's Related Pages
Have you been to Senegal?Share Your Travels