"Avoid Tropicana!" Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tip by Gigi44

Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas: 10,677 reviews and 23 photos

The first impression of this hotel was that it was old & in desperate need of a renovation. We were greeted by unhelpful bellmen in total chaos and a front desk clerk who scolded me for not having my name on the reservation along with my husbands! Once we arrived in our overpriced room, we found it to be clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very nice and courteous. The pool area was messy but attractive. Only problem with that area was the waterfall and garden areas were poorly maintained. We saw a dead bird floating in the water the entire stay (4 nights). Casino...well, we weren't happy with this area either because of their misleading advertisement. They didn't fulfill promises according to their multitude of ads! The only thing going for this place is the location and the housekeeping staff. I definetely would NOT stay here again!

Unique Qualities: Housekeeping staff.

Address: 3801 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the Strip
Phone: 17027392222
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/nevada/tropicana-las-vegas-a-doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-LASNTDT/index.html

• Written Oct 27, 2004

“Leave it all behind”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Las Vegas?