"Palace of the Holy Synod" Top 5 Page for this destination Aleksander Nevski Cathedral Tip by hekate
Aleksander Nevski Cathedral, Sofia: 56 reviews and 106 photos
Built in 1910, this is the location of the official headquarters of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church as well as the residence of the Bulgarian Patriarch (closed to the public).
Sporting colourful mosaics, stone and tile work, an arched portico and several cupolas, the building is an interesting backdrop to the icon street market that occupies this portion of the square.
- the National Assembly,
- the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences,
- the ancient St. Sophia Orthodox Church,
- the Higher Institute of Art,
- the St. Cyril arid Metodius National Library
- the St. Kliment Ohridskl Sofia University
Address: Alexander Nevski Sqr.
Directions: When facing the main entrance of Alexander Nevski Cathedral look to your right hand side and you will see it.
Phone: +359 2 988 17 04
More Things to Do in Sofia (24)
More Reviews (74)
- See All Club Saray
- See All Details of the toll collecting system
- See All MORIAH FLATS
- See All St. George Church (Tsarkva Sveti Georgi)
- See All Troll Slaveikov
hekate's Related Pages
Have you been to Sofia?Share Your Travels