"Cheetas" Top 5 Page for this destination Wildlife Tip by diageva

Wildlife, Namibia: 16 reviews and 16 photos

Cheetahs
by diageva

Favorite thing: I did saw cheetahs 2 times in my 14 day travel along Namibia. In both time they where not free cheetahs. The first time I saw one was at Quiver Tree Forest Camp. They had one there 3 cheetahs and they let us to get inside the fence while he was eating. He didn't look at us, he was only thinking in his meal.

The second time was at Africat Foundation. They had many cheetahs together in a big plot. The cheetahs where call for meal and they all come running. The keepers gave them the meal and meanwhile we were invited to get inside the fence without protection. When they finished their meal they began to look at us. They look strait to the eyes, and is not very comfortable

There is a big problem with cheetahs and farmers at Namibia. This animals go to the farms and kills the farm animals so the farmers get angry. What Africat Foundation does is to try to explain farmers not to kill cheetahs and to call them if they catch one so that they can take care of them, Not an easy job.

What I saw of these animals is that they are like dogs for some people ... nearly like dogs ... and they must not be very dangerous when in both times I saw them they let us get inside the fence they where.

• Updated Oct 25, 2004

Comments

diageva

“flamenca ... por cojones”

Have you been to Namibia?