"Packing List" Los Angeles Packing List Tip by Krystynn

Los Angeles What to Pack: 30 reviews and 9 photos

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: This is LA. No need to pack too formal outfits with you. Everyone is dressed sooooo casually here. So, if you want to blend in... dress like them too. Cool but not dorky! ;-)

The following is a rough guide on what I'd pack along with me for a SUMMER vacation:
<li> 1 pair of jeans </li>
<li> 1 short skirt OR skorts (<i>a mini skirt with a pair of shorts sewn in... Very hip right now</i>). </li>
<li> 1 pair of shorts/ bermudas </li>
<li> 2 summer dresses.</li>
<li> 3 or 4 cotton t-shirts/ tank tops </li>
<li> 1 pair of sandals </li>
<li> 1 pair of evening shoes </li>
<li> 1 little black dress (<i>which can double up for day and evening events</i>). </li>
<li> 2 nightgowns/ pyjamas </li>
<li> 1 bathing suit</li>
P.S. I didn't mention the more personal under-garment items because I think you should have no problem deciding on this yourself. :-)

<b>A rule of thumb:</b> DO plan your wardrobe in such a way that you'll have no problem mixing and matching your outfits and it should bring you from day to night. So in this instance, that little black dress WILL come in handy for the night events AND in the day time too! :-))

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: DON'T forget to transfer all your toner, cleanser, night cream et al into small plastic containers - to save luggage space.

Photo Equipment: I usually bring along TWO types of cameras with me and load them with TWO different types of films i.e. ASA200 film (for day) and the high speed Kodak 800 film for museums or places that do not allow flash photography.

So, the cameras that I'd bring are:

<li> the <b>Olympus mju Zoom (with wide-angle lens)</b> which comes in silver metallic color (<i>cool!</i>). I usually use this camera for day photography. </li>
<li> the <b>Pentax 150 Zoom</b> which I use for places that does not allow flash photography.</li>
These days, I also bring along the ultra-small <b>Canon IXUS Zoom camera</b> - smaller than the size of my palm (and it comes in a cool metallic silver shade). You can even hang this camera around your neck; frankly, it looks pretty cool this way too! This camera requires a special type of film (APS) to be used. And when it comes to having the photos developed, most photo processing centers take at least ONE WEEK to have my photos developed! So, that's my only gripe i.e. I can't expect to have my photos developed within 24 hours. Sigh.

Miscellaneous: <b><font color=red>Photo Below: That's me on my very first visit to Disneyland! </b></font>...

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars

• Updated Aug 24, 2002

More What to Pack in Los Angeles (1)

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Have you been to Los Angeles?