"A literary liquor joint?" Top 5 Page for this destination Pubs, Clubs and Taverns - General Tip by PA2AKgirl

Nah, it has nothing to do with Jay Gatsby, I don't think...there was no Daisy or Big Egg or green light across the bay. It could be a jazz bar but not that I noticed...I'd understand the name reference, then. OR perhaps it's just someone named Gatsby who owns it and makes everyone THINK it's an F. Scott FItzgerald reference. Regardless, it was a fun place to hang out. We drank some local beers, enjoyed each other's company (b/c we hadn't had enough of that, right Bobby?), relaxed from the long drive for a bit.
Unfortunately, it wasn't the best night out. We did discover there is a secret back room for smokers (not so secret--it's labeled "smoking area" but it took us a while to see it) so, that was good. However, not eating all day: NOT so good for me. I ended up not feeling well at all and couldn't drink anymore beer. What a sad night...Halifax has a million great places to go out. And to eat as well--I had no excuse. Especially considering I could have gotten food right there--they serve food until 2am. We'll do it right next time Bobby, I promise.

Dress Code:

Casual.

Address: 5675 Spring Garden Road
Directions: Not far down from the South Park and Spring Garden intersection.
Phone: 902-429-9999
Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated Oct 19, 2004

Comments

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to Halifax?