"Hellhole.................." LAX Tip by RonanB

LAX, Los Angeles: 31 reviews and 37 photos

Good news for travellers to LAX, it's shut...!
by RonanB

LAX is a toilet, I must say I haven't been in a worse airport in all my 37 years. I was in transit to Auckland, New Zealand from London Heathrow with BA and we were all disembarked from the plane with passengers staying in LA and had to queue for immagration even though we weren't staying in the bloody country.

Given we had about 90 minutes before our plane (Qantas) took off. I had to barrack a security guard to get them to stream passengers who were in transit into a seperate queue so we could then go and collect our bags which had also been disembarked and had to be security screened before then having to check in again for our connecting flight and having to go through the whole baggage check/ immigration procedure again.

This of course was all because of the US anality relating to 9/11. But even that doesn't excuse an appaling airport, with incredibly stupid procedures. Surely there is a secure way to stream passangers and bagage to connecting flights without having to go through all that rubbish....?

Mode: TO
Phone: Don't go............
Type: Airplane

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Oct 19, 2004

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Los Angeles?