"Petroglyphs at Orongo" Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Things to Do Tip by easyoar
Easter Island Things to Do: 305 reviews and 695 photos
Orongo was where the birdman festival took place every year. There were many houses built here (in a unique Easter Island way!) - the entrances are tiny, you would have to crawl through them. In the photo here, it is possible to see some of the entrances to the houses where the competitors in the birdman festival used to live just before the race. The petroglyphs in the photo clearly depict some birdman motifs.
More Things to Do in Easter Island (24)
More Reviews (28)
- Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!
- See All Sculptures on the back of the 'British'...
- See All The rapidly changing weather
- See All Mass on a Sunday in Hanga Roa
- See All Rent a mountain bike
- Buy at the Smaller places