"The Volcanic Crater of Rano Raraku" Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Things to Do Tip by easyoar
Easter Island Things to Do: 305 reviews and 695 photos
As a crater itself, the crater at Rano Raraku is nowhere near as impressive as Rano Kau. However the main reason to visit Rano Raraku is that it is where all of the moai where carved, and there are still many of the old stone heads there in many stages of completeness. Many people just go and see the outside of the crater wall where many moai can be found, which is a shame as there are many more stone heads inside the crater itself. The picture here shows two stone heads lying on the ground with the crater lake in the background.
Address: Ranu Raraku (the moai quarry)
More Things to Do in Easter Island (24)
More Reviews (28)
- Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!
- See All Sculptures on the back of the 'British'...
- See All The rapidly changing weather
- See All Mass on a Sunday in Hanga Roa
- See All Rent a mountain bike
- Buy at the Smaller places