Gusto di Quattro: ""Molto Abbondanza"" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Restaurant Tip by madamx

Gusto di Quattro is part of the Quattro restaurant group in Vancouver -- other locations are Quattro on Fourth, and there is Quattro at Whistler. We went on recommendation of fellow VT'er YVR Dave and wow, he was right on the money, honey! Gusto di Quattro reflects that Vancouver does have the best restaurants in Canada.

Even after looking fairly travel worn after 12 hours on the road, and my grumpy husband refusing to change out of his sweat shorts, the staff treated us like royalty. The staff are extremely personable and professional, and the room is done up in romantic dark colors and elegance -- dressy casual is the only way to describe it.

The food was amazing -- we are used to high-end restaurants in Calgary, but what our waiter informed us was what is high-end in Calgary, would be just okay in Vancouver, as competition for dollars is fierce.

Favorite Dish: Unfortunately, time constraints allowed us only to eat here once. I had the canelloni stuffed with lamb cooked until it was melt-in-your mouth tender and eggplant. My husband proceeded to vacuum up a bowl of spicy sausage and pasta. We loved each other's food so much that we ended up trading about half of our dishes.

Dessert would have made the angels cry -- my husband had a tender little lemon tart, for lemon lovers only, as it was so lemony it was almost bitter. I was stuffed, but had to try the chocolate gelato, probably the best gelato I've ever had, so rich it was almost an icecream.

Address: Number 1 Londsdale Ave., North Vancouver
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located near Londsdale Quay. There is a little free parking behind the restaurant, otherwise it's the pay lot across the street or find a space on the street
Phone: (604) 924-4444
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.quattrorestaurants.com

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Oct 18, 2004

Comments

madamx

“*meeeep*”

Have you been to Province of British Columbia?