"HERRENCHIEMSE PALACE" Top 5 Page for this destination Schloß Herrenchiemsee Things to Do Tip by Hosell

Schloß Herrenchiemsee Things to Do: 68 reviews and 94 photos

When you arrive to the island,there are two options to go to the Palace,the first one is taken a ride in a nice carriage,I saw some tourist arriving the castle this way,I don't know how much it cost,but is a funny option.The second way is taking a small path that go into a nice forest and finished in the Palace.This is the way I used and also the rest of my group.It is just a small walk,about 1.5 Km,and very soon you'll arrive to the castle.

Because I was in a booked excursion,I didn't had to worried about the entrance tickets,our local guide had all of them before entering the castle.I saw the beautiful fountains the first,and then the castle,it is hard to believe that a Palace like that were located in such a small island.Really the inside decoration of the castle was amazing.I liked The Great Gallery of Mirrors the most,but also all rest of rooms that we saw there.Is a place not to be missed!.

• Written Oct 16, 2004

“Voyage,Voyage plus loin que le jour et la nuit :-)”

Have you been to Schloß Herrenchiemsee?