"The Epicenter of the southern slave trade in VA" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg Local Custom Tip by zanzooni
Fredericksburg Local Customs: 3 reviews and 2 photos
Don't delude yourself..this IS the south inspite of what others may say or think. People are friendly and helpful, but the social veneer is thin. The truth is, there's still a deviding line, all though narrow, between the blacks and whites here, as well as the yanks and confederates. Manners are all important, as they still use Ma'm and Sir here, and Thank you now, come on back and see us again. Respect is utmost, and the distrust of Yanks is felt like a thick blanket.
More Reviews (10)
- See All OH!! Farm to table fresh with a menu...
- What better way to see Old Town than in...
- Come and see how they used to practice...
- Walking shoes or be prepared for a foot...
zanzooni's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Fredericksburg hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Fredericksburg North
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Travelodge Fredericksburg
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Super 8 Fredericksburg/North
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Sleep Inn
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Econo Lodge South
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013