"St. James’s Chapel" Jak Things to Do Tip by edinka
Jak Things to Do: 4 reviews and 4 photos
St. James’s Chapel was built in the Romanesque era around 1260 and gained its present appearance after renovations took place in the 18th century. Besides the Romanesque twin-windows of the double chapel with a four-foiled floor plan, three Baroque altars are worth studying.
In 2002 after renovations done by the National Office of Monuments, a new display room was opened inside the one-time Abbot’s Residence behind the church, where the locally excavated artifacts can be viewed.
Address: Ják, Apátnép st
Directions: quite next to St George Church