"Guggenheim - let me see those hands" Guggenheim Museum Tip by Gard

Guggenheim Museum, New York City: 7 reviews and 7 photos

The outside of Guggenheim
by Gard

Favorite thing: I?m not that much into art but the Guggenheim museum is pretty famous so we decided to visit it. I guess the building itself is as well known as the museum itself. We took the subway to 86th street if I?m not mistaken and we just walked over towards Central Park and Fifth Avenue. Soon the characteristic white rings appeared in front of us and it is such a cool building. Of course there were some construction work going on (as usual in big cities) but that didn?t destroy the ?experience?. The museum was a lot smaller than I had imagined it to be and it contained a lot more pictures than expected. Maybe it was because there was a special exhibition called ?Speaking with hands?. We only spent about an hour in the museum. According to their web site the admission is about 15$ but we used the New York CityPass to get in. We were not allowed to take pictures above the first floor?one English guy tried to pull the old ?I thought the first floor was the ground floor? and the guards didn?t seem to happy with that :-)

• Written Oct 13, 2004

Comments

Have you been to New York City?