name to follow: "First stop in Piran" Slovenia Restaurant Tip by alza

Slovenia Restaurants: 88 reviews and 73 photos

trying to plan... ha!
by alza

The bus from Trieste to Piran stopped very near this restaurant I guess... cuz it's the first thing I saw. Large terrace under a pergola, rustic setting, most inviting. I went inside to check the menu and ask if they could do grilled steak and french fries, no problem, so that's where I ate.
The young woman who served at the tables outside was really nice and helpful, a bit shy but with a genuine smile. She was embarrassed that the owner inside would not let me call the youth hostel from his phone, but she needn't have worried. I understand that they can't let everyone use their phone. I got a calling card when I could. And walked everywhere easily. Piran is a small place.

Favorite Dish: Steak and french fries were very good, cooked just like I wanted. Great beer too.
The menu offered lots more, mostly grilled food, very simple and tasty. For everything we had, I'd say this place was cheaper than all the waterfront pizzerias we found later.
So happy to be there that I'll call it a great experience. Now that I think about it, I especially enjoyed eating quietly under the trees, away from the waterfront and tourists. Everything was Slovenian there :-)

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: near the bus station
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written Oct 13, 2004

More Restaurants in Slovenia (1)

“Voyage Voyage!”

Have you been to Slovenia?