"About Big ben and the bell of Big Ben" Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Things to Do Tip by dr.firas
United Kingdom Things to Do: 1,060 reviews and 1,155 photos
The great bell cracked, was recast and cracked again, giving us the famous, flawed, resonating boom.
Why Big Ben?
There are Two answers - either can be chosen.
It could have been named after Sir Benjamin Hall, or perhaps, it was named by workmen who brought the bell from Whitechapel Foundry on cart pulled by 16 white horses. Their hero of the day was benjamin Caunt.
More Reviews (183)
- See All St.Paul facade under restoration!
- See All Tube
- See All Ladies Obsession!
- See All Most wonderful museum in London
- See All Nightlife X
- See All Pills
- See All Bond... James BondS LOL
- See All Forbidden to take pictures
- See All Pool and Snockers
- See All Fish and Chips and a pint of beer
- See All Great Hotel in London
Been to United Kingdom?Share your travels with the world!
dr.firas' Related Pages
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels