"Get an Uzbekistan Visa" Almaty Favorite Tip by Wanderboy43

Almaty General: 14 reviews and 18 photos

Favorite thing: I received my Uzbekistan visa today. The rules are different for Americans and Europeans. As an American it costs $100 for 30 days/single entry (Pay in US currency). You can pay $50 extra for 2 day service. I didn't and it took 1 week. (dropped of Monday, picked up Monday) For the same price you can get a 4year muliple entry visa if you have an invitation- I don't know the details.
Go at 2pm; the morning is for Kazaks.
For Europeans, the price is something like $55 for 1 week, $65 for 2 weeks, etc. each additional entry is $10. The process seemed to take 3-4 days for the Europeans I met in line.
There is only 1 guy there, and he is generally nice, but doesn't speak English (well, I had a friend there translating Russian for me). Be prepared to wait around for a few hours.
The funny thing is that the guy didn't like that I wasn't positive of my dates: basically I didn't care; Im not on a tight schedule. He got a bit annoyed and said that a REAL TOURIST has a plan and everything is organized, which is funny since this Embassy is the only one I've been to that couldn't/wouldn't give me a definite date that I could get my VISA in the first place. Oh well, I guess I'm not a REAL TOURIST. I take it as a compliment.

• Written Oct 11, 2004

“The journey is the goal”

Have you been to Almaty?