"If I wiggled it, Id frighten the life out of them!" Top 5 Page for this destination Leshan Grand Buddha Tip by sugarpuff

Leshan Grand Buddha, Chengdu: 12 reviews and 16 photos

'Youre not going to find shoes to fit you here!'
by sugarpuff

This is just to give you an idea of just how big this Buddha is! This is the second time I have visited Da Fo (Grand Buddha) and both times his enormity have swept me away. The first time Iwent was back in 1999 when things were a lot less touristy. There were no queues to walk down the staircase alongside him, and no pushing shoving to have a photo taken next to him, and generally a lot more enjoyable. Maybe it was just the time of year I went. The first time was during January when i suppse no-one has time for travelling. Apart from the lack of tourists back then,we also met a researcher who very kindly showed us places most tourists never found...an 'off the beaten path tip' if I ever saw one! Unfortunately, I dont remember where they are now....didn't have VT in those days to jot down ideas and tips! I will dig out my old photos of him to put up here so you can note the differences.

• Written Oct 8, 2004

Comments

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Have you been to Chengdu?