"City of the Dead" Qarafa, City of the Dead Tip by Saladinos
Qarafa, City of the Dead, Cairo: 8 reviews and 17 photos
I think it is interesting to compare Egyptians alive and when they are dead. The interesting part is how Egyptians view and feel about death. It is the same i think like the old grand parents who have thought of their after life period and try to prepare for its success.
The city is on one side full of crowd, traffic, loud sounds, and very close to it is the silence, peace and eternal life which you will see across the street.
I think Egyptians learn and recall many spiritual issues when passing by the city of the dead while driving in the morning to their work.
You will be amazed that some citizens are living in the city of the dead since cairo is over populated, so they are the living dead people. God bless them.
Address: Old cairo area near the citadel
Directions: Between Citadel & Muqattam Hills
Phone: +20 2 285 4509
More Reviews (44)
- See All Seafood? That's the place
- See All Forgot your Books? Dont worry
- See All Do this and U wont get sick
- See All CopiesPassports
- See All Watch Out for the land mines
- See All watch your foot
- See All Pretending to be gays
- See All Enjoy being relaxed while all streets r...
- See All If you are many then go for a flat
- See All The Best Teams in Egypt
- See All Smell the scent of old Cairo
Been to Cairo?Share your travels with the world!
Saladinos' Related Pages
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels