BSA Mansion: "Stay here....if you like roaches" Philippines Hotel Tip by ejagape

Philippines Hotels: 151 reviews and 208 photos

The condotel...
by ejagape

Well, the facilities are nice, but the bugs are not. In our 2-night stay, we killed over 30 roaches. I think they were coming through holes/vents in the bathroom. We made do, since we'd pre-paid for the room, but we asked for some roach spray within 1 minute of walking in the room. Yuck!

That said, the accomodations were nice. It's a condotel, so the room was cosy and decorated nicely. Compared to BSA Tower, I liked the room better, but I'd never stay here again.

The staff was not very friendly and the doorman was missing half the time. They were prompt when we asked for the roach spray and a couple other items, but nothing about the staff was overly endearing.

The location wasn't so good, but not horrible either. We had to walk about 5-6 minutes to get to the Greenbelt 1.

There's a 24-hour convenience store next door.

I would not recommend this place.

Unique Qualities: Unique qualities? Well, there were lots of roaches. That's unique....in a way.

I do want to mention that this hotel does not seem to be connected to BSA TOWER in any way! They are not under the same management. (my mistake in assuming....BSA tower was fully booked, so I got a room here thinking it would be similar)

Address: 108 Benavides St., Legaspi Village, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Makait area, 5-minute walk from Greenbelt 1
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/BSA_Mansion/

• Written Oct 4, 2004

Comments

Have you been to Philippines?