"Milwaukee City Hall (1895)" Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Favorite Tip by yooperprof
Milwaukee General: 58 reviews and 59 photos
Favorite thing: A classic example of late 19th century civic pride. For many years, this 300-foot tower was the tallest structure in the city. Architects H.C. Koch & Co. were inspired by Flemish guild halls in their design.
Because the city hall rests on marshy ground close to the Milwaukee River, the structure rests upon 25,000 wooden support piles!
More General in Milwaukee (33)
More Reviews (68)
- See All Boutique Hotel with Youthful Zest
- See All Charles Allis Museum
- See All New coffee location in the Fifth Ward
- See All Renaissance Books: A Mitchell Airport...
- See All It's helpful to have a downtown mall
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Milwaukee?Share Your Travels