"Pabst Theater (1895)" Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Things to Do Tip by yooperprof
Milwaukee Things to Do: 155 reviews and 204 photos
When Milwaukee's grandest theater burned down in 1895, Joseph Pabst insisted on spearheading the drive to construct a replacement that would be grander and more resplendent than before. In the United States, it became the norm for businessmen - the barons of industrty - to take on the role of social leadership that in Europe had been taken by aristrocrats - the barons of land.
Designed by German-American architect Otto Strack in a German Baroque style (how surprising), the Pabst Theater seats 1400 in very fine and well-preserved style.
Address: 144 E. Wells Street
More Things to Do in Milwaukee (11)
More Reviews (90)
- See All Boutique Hotel with Youthful Zest
- See All New coffee location in the Fifth Ward
- See All Renaissance Books: A Mitchell Airport...
- See All John Plankinton Sculpture in the...
- See All It's helpful to have a downtown mall
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Milwaukee?Share Your Travels