Le Train Bleu: "Belle Epoque Interior in Gare de Lyon" Paris Restaurant Tip by davequ
Paris Restaurants: 2,613 reviews and 3,310 photos
Gare de Lyon in the 12th has a beautiful high-end restaurant called Le Train Bleu.
Gorgeous frescoes and 1900 grand belle epoque interior.
Some say it is "touristy" but if you are catching a train into the south from Gare de Lyon, at least check it out.
Note: If you can't make it to Gare de Lyon and if you like movies, Anne Parillaud has an absolutely killer shoot-em-up scene filmed inside restaurant Le Train Bleu in the film "La Femme Nikita"
Favorite Dish: Foie gras de canard des "Treilles;" escargot Burgundy, and the Filet de b?uf grillé with sauce béarnaise.
Everyone talks about the duck and the baba rhum desserts but the ambience, even though in the train station is the high point.
Expensive, most entrees are about 30 Euros each, and they have a decent wine list.
As always, it is cheaper for lunch.
Address: Place Louis Armand 75012
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Metro: Gare de Lyon (lines 1 & 14)
Second floor of the Gare de Lyon train station.
Phone: 01 43 43 09 06
Price: US$41 and up
More Restaurants in Paris (31)
More Reviews (100)
- See All Velib for Americans now?
- See All Paris Apartment Vacation Rentals
- See All Grande Guignol - Théâtre des Vampires
- See All Street vendors
- See All Tour Montparnasse rooftop
- See All A good Paris "happy-hour" Pub
- See All grands magasins & another good view
- Boules in the parc
- See All A recommended "parisian-watching" cafe
- See All Foto within a foto
- See All Can-Can You Say "piège à touristes?"
- See All Watch out for labor strikes!
davequ's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels