VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"A train trap" Top 5 Page for this destination Cornwall Warnings Or Dangers Tip by evaanna

Cornwall Warnings and Dangers: 19 reviews and 14 photos

My journey was coming to its end. The train was nearly empty - we were approaching one of the last stations along the route. Already impatient to see Cornwall and my friend, I picked up my luggage and ran to the door. I looked at it and looked but there was no handle to open it with. There was no one near and nobody else seemed to be getting off the train. I leaned out of the window and finally the stationmaster saw me and came to my rescue opening the door from the outside. That was exactly what I should have done - put my hand out through the open window and opened the door using the handle outside. But how was I to know?
All this happened in 1992 on a train going from Reading to Truro. There may be more such trains in England. Beware!

• Updated Jan 15, 2005

Comments

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Have you been to Cornwall?