"A Personal Description of the State of Illinois" Top 5 Page for this destination Illinois Favorite Tip by deecat

Illinois General: 52 reviews and 39 photos

Dee in Her Waukegan Garden
by deecat

Favorite thing: Read this to understand the Organization!

This is an explanation of how I am organizing the pages about Illinois.
I have decided to incorporate a personal view of the state; therefore, the general tips will include all the places (towns) that I have lived in and written from my personal perspective.
The Must See will be the more typical of the presentation and also less specific.
I hope you enjoy this style of organization.

Fondest memory: I was born in Illinois, went to school in Illinois (excect for two years in grauduate school), was married in Illinois, taught High School English for 30 years in Illinois, adopted our daughter Jill in Illinois, and retired in Illinois.
I've lived in the southern and northern parts of the state and enjoyed both.
I really love the four seasons which we experience, the friendliness of the midwestern people, the opportunities that our state's largest city, Chicago offer, and, finally, the cosmopolitan yet "down home" ambience that permeates the lifestyle of Illinois.
Won't you join my life adventure here in The American Heartland?

• Updated Sep 26, 2004

Comments

deecat Used To Live Here!

deecat

Have you been to Illinois?