"Turtle Farms" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Things to Do Tip by AliasGirl
Grand Cayman Things to Do: 169 reviews and 280 photos
The Turtle farm is the only one in the world derived for pure conservation. At the farm, you will find over 16,000 green sea turtles.
The farm is divided into two parts, one part houses small sea turtles of about six ounces and up in a smaller tanks that allow visitors to pick up the sea turtles out of the water and take a photo. It is abit daunting at first, and you are extremely cautious, but once the first person or turtle farm employee picks up a turtle and places it into your hands you are amazed. Then the turtle quickly gets passed to another person or rather hastily dropped back into the water, as their arms start flagging for being out of their natural habitat, the water. Cameras are snapping away and water is being spplashed about but everyone has a smile on their face and it is both educational and entertaining!
The other portion of the farm houses the large turtles, which are prohibited to put your hands in the tanks unless you want your hand bitten off! The turtles in these tanks are huge ranging up to six hundred pounds each!
Tours of the farm are self-guided and take approximately 20 - 30 minutes to complete. The farm is wheelchair accessible.
The Farm is open seven days a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost: Adults US$ 6.00 and Children US$ 3.00
Directions: Northwest Point Road in West Bay just 8 miles from George Town
More Things to Do in Grand Cayman (3)
More Reviews (23)
- The Entire Island is Off the Beaten...
- Snorkel Gear, Beach Shoes & Coverups
- None that I could think of...
- See All Waterfront Seafood Restaurant
- Nightlife in Grand Cayman
- See All Schedule of Events
- Local Transportation in Grand Cayman
- Looking for some cheap snacks & drinks
- See All Great Selection of Cuban Cigars!
- Buyer Beware of Stale Cigars
- See All Stingrays and Sea Turtles
- Grand Cayman's Nicest Resort