"Chapelle de la Misericordie, Cours Saleya" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Things to Do Tip by NiceLife
Nice Things to Do: 617 reviews and 1,219 photos
Normally bolted shut, this historical monument in the Cours Saleya was opened up for the "weekend of heritage" in mid-September, allowing sight of the magnificent baroque interior behind the delapidated exterior edging the flower market.
Not quite on the sheer awe-inspiring scale of St Peters in Rome, it nevertheless is a fine example of the wonderful excess in decoration of the period, a time at which religion occupied a rather larger proportion of everyones lives than perhaps today.
Maybe they should paint the outside orange and relaunch it as EasyPray.
More Things to Do in Nice (38)
More Reviews (151)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels