Gostilna Sokol: "Yummy...yummy" Ljubljana Restaurant Tip by maple_air

Ljubljana Restaurants: 284 reviews and 351 photos

Country feast
by maple_air

Even from the outside the place already looked enticing.This local restaurant gave me the feeling of being inside a local inn or tavern in the depth of Slovenia, to think it was in Ljubljana itself. The waiters are dressed in a local/national costume ( am i right? or are they just their work uniform?). And the way the place was made up......interesting murals on the ceiling, farming tools on the wall, the lights on the ceiling was hang using big abaca? strings, and clay/terracotta lampshades, not too loud music( slovenian?)
and friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: I had the biggest portion of meal i ever had in my entire life (considering my size), its called the country feast and it had grilled mixed meat and sausage, dumpling and sauerkraut. My friend had grilled squid with garlic sauce.Both were really good. They have huge portions . Before we saw how big their portions were, we wanted to order some grilled chicken as well, but the kind waiter was nice enough to tell us that we won't be able to eat all of it though, and he was right indeed.Burp!.....excuse me!!

Address: Ciril Metodov Trg 18
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Coming from the Triple Bridge, continue until you see Robba's Fountain of Carniolan Rivers.Turn left, you wouldn't miss it, ther's an eagle waiting outside :)
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 15, 2007

More Restaurants in Ljubljana (1)

“Dum spiro,spero”

Have you been to Ljubljana?