"Circle Line Cruise" Circle Line Sightseeing Tip by LisaMJ

Circle Line Sightseeing, New York City: 43 reviews and 85 photos

A great way to see Manhattan is to take a Circline Cruise.

It leaves from pier 83, West 42nd St/12th Avenue. We did the full circumnavigation, which take 3 hours and :-

"You'll circumnavigate Manhattan Island and see it all - 3 rivers, 7 major bridges, 5 boroughs, over 25 world renowned landmarks and, of course, a magnificent close-up of the Statue of Liberty. Beverages, food and souvenirs are available on board. From Pier 83 at 42nd Street on the Hudson River.

Adults $26 | Children $13 | Senior Citizens $20 "

I must say that unless you are paticularly into architecture and bridges, then you'd probably be better off with the 2 hour half navigation cruise. I'm glad we saw a bit of the 'unseen' Manhattan by doing the 3 hour cruise, but there were stages when I got a tad bored.

**Tip. no matter what time of year it is - bring something warm. You'll be surprsied at those winds. It was T-shirt whether when we went, but on the boat it was freezing.

They is a small kiosk on board for drinks and snacks, so a hot cup of coffee was welcomed in the cold.

I really recommend one of these cruises, because you get to see Manhattan from a different perspective.

The token hot dog vendor was outside when we returned, which we ate as we walked back to our hotel.

Address: Pier 83, W42nd St/12th Ave
Directions: Between Pier 81 & Hudson River Park Trust.
Phone: (212) 563-3200
Website: http://www.circleline42.com

• Written Sep 22, 2004

More Things to Do in New York City (1)

“If you are standing still you are going backwards”

Have you been to New York City?