"Hotel Granvia Kyoto" Hotel Granvia Kyoto Tip by goshawk301

Hotel Granvia Kyoto, Kyoto: 2,713 reviews and 8 photos

My room at the Granvia
by goshawk301

The Granvia is a stylish hotel that is a part of the very stylish JR Kyoto Station building. The room I stayed in was smallish by an American standard, but by no means did I feel hemmed in, and I found the contemporary western decor with a Japanese touch very pleasant. It had a full suite of amenities, both Japanese (such as yukata) and western. The bathroom is western but with a washlet, and the extra deep bathtub was great! My room faced away from the train yard and it was completely quiet, but it didn't have any view. Free, high-speed internet connection (wired) was much appreciated, although the short DHCP lease cycle bugged me a bit. The only bummer: the coffee for the coffee maker in the room was not free (but tea bags were).

There is a wide range of eating options, both within the hotel and in the larger station complex. I had tempura in one of the hotel restaurants; it was very good but it set me back quite a bit!

JR Pass holders can get a discount rate for the stay (also at other Granvia and JR-affiliated hotels); you should book by phone to get the rate.

Address: Jr Kyoto Eki Karasuma Guchi Shimogyo-Ku Kyoto 600-
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: It's part of the JR Kyoto Station.
Phone: 81 753448888
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.granvia-kyoto.co.jp/e//

• Updated Sep 20, 2004

Comments

goshawk301

“Fare forward, voyagers!”