"Bruges most famous resident cont'd" Top 5 Page for this destination Statues / Murals / Memorials Tip by bpacker
Statues / Murals / Memorials, Brugge: 13 reviews and 13 photos
Van Eyck, as I mentioned earlier, was the greatest Flemish Renaissance artist ever. In 1432-33, this chap bought a house over here in Bruges and was a court painter as well as a diplomat. According to documents , Van Eyck died elsewhere but nonetheless, a statue was erected in memory of this famous resident. It stands on a square today that bears his name.
Go to Jan van Eyckplein 2 ( Jan van Eyck Square )
More Off The Beaten Path in Brugge (16)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Don't Waffle, Try a Belgian Waffle with...
- See All Market Day in Grote Markt on Wed
- See All A single room over here looks like...
- See All Travelling Between Brussels and Bruges...
- Quiet Stillness in Bruges
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels