"Old wall painting" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Kaunas Things to Do: 416 reviews and 649 photos
There was old painting on a wall under this roof, on my picture, at the backside (an apse) of Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul. It depected biblical scene of crucified Jesus Christ. The old colour paints faded during centuries and needed some renovation. Maybe soon... or you must accept not very clear but authentic image.
There was entrance to basilian crypt below the painting.
Address: Vilniaus gatve 26, 3000 Kaunas, Lithuania
Directions: At northeastern corner of main old town square (Town Hall Square = Rotuses aikste), at corner of Vilniaus and Valanciaus gatve (street).
More Things to Do in Kaunas (100)
More Reviews (196)
- See All Few direction signs
- See All No paper boxes
- See All Temporarily closed streets
- See All No vacancy?
- See All Kaunas in Europe?
- See All Sculpture in the air :-)
- See All Lithuanian, wooden cross
- See All More info?
- Weather, walking shoes, a tripod...
- See All Where and what to eat in Kaunas?
- See All Good night and sweet dreams :-)
- See All Walking/hiking around
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels